A home alarm system is a huge investment, so choosing the right company can be a tough decision. There are many options to consider before making a decision. The best thing you can do is to purchase a system which has non-proprietary features and can be modified or repaired by generic parts.
When picking an alarm company, you should consider these things:
- Cost: Most alarm systems require monitoring payments every month. Make sure to select and set up a plan that is suitable for your budget.
- Contracts: Some alarm companies ask for multiyear contracts, while other ones allow you to pay month-to-month without a long-term commitment. Although contracts aren’t always bad as sometimes it helps you get deals on equipment or extra warranties, be sure that you know what you’re signing up for before you commit.
- Equipment: While some alarm companies have a huge selection of equipment, others only offer the bare bones. Decide what you want for your home and your family and make sure the system you select can offer what you really need whether it is an automatic door lock, a smoke alarm, or an outdoor camera.
- Mobile access: The best alarm systems make it easy for you to check on your system wherever you are. It helps you be able to see that your home is safe whether you are in your bed or in another country.
- Smart home support: A home alarm system is more useful and convenient if it can be synced with smart devices such as locks and lights. We suggest you choose a system that is compatible with a wide selection of third-party devices.
Here we suggest the top four
home alarm companies on the market:
– Best easy DIY installation
– Best industry reputation
– Best home automation and equipment
– Most flexible contracts
Home alarm systems protect your family and home from fire, water damage, burglary, package theft, and more. Nowadays, there are so many alarm companies to choose from so deciding which one is right for you is not easy.
In this article, we highlight the most important things about the world’s top alarm companies. Consider finding the best security solution for your family, your home, and your budget.
Vivint focuses on quality equipment and home automation, giving it an edge over other security companies. Moreover, it also offers cheap entry-level plan and contract-free option. Meanwhile, its main drawbacks are long contracts and pricey equipment.
Low-cost entry-level package
Convenient mobile access with all plans
Flexible payment options Easy smart home integration
Frontpoint offers a premium DIY installation experience along with superior customer service. Customer-first policies such as a 30-day money-back guarantee without fees if you move with your system help balance the higher monthly monitoring fees of Frontpoint. Therefore, although Frontpoint isn’t the cheapest system, users tend to stick with this company longer than other ones.
|Excellent customer service|
Effortless unboxing & DIY setup
Home automation with Z-Wave equipment
100% cellular 4G monitoring
30-day money-back guarantee
Crash and Smash Protection
Free and easy relocation
No landline or broadband options
SimpliSafe is one of the best options for cheap professional
monitoring with no contract. Systems are inexpensive, contract-free, and easy
to set up. Its small drawbacks include the lack of an outdoor camera and limited
No contractsInexpensive equipment
Option to turn professional monitoring on/off
60-day money-back guarantee
Customizable equipment packages
|No mobile access with a less |
Minimal home automation
4. Link Interactive
For those that are big on customization, Link Interactive is
amongst the best DIY home alarm systems. Its security systems come with transparent
prices versatile and contract options. But one of its drawbacks is that it has
shorter customer service hours than its competitors.
|Shorter contract options that |
No activation or installation
Customizable equipment packages
Video analytics available with
|Customer complaints about the difficulty|
Fewer customer service hours than